Thursday, December 20, 2012

A story from Greece




Persephone, my one and only love.
 

           
I don't know if at the time of writing this letter, I write with the ink of my pen or with the tears of joy languishing your return. 

      Although your departure has frozen my kingdom, my heart, my soul and my whole being are ablaze. Everywhere that you ever leave cries after your departure and now I understand the sadness of Demeter when you are with me. You truly are her daughter, you have managed to resurface my love that has been hidden for thousands of years.

     When Zeus condemned me to govern Hell, I thought that he had removed from me any feeling of love. I thought love was only mirage and illusion, no person could exist to love only women, but I was wrong.
  
     My eyes hurt from crying at your absence, you live in my mind and every time I think about you, your absence is even more painful. Is this the dying man's agony? I am immortal, and yet time is against me, every moment brings me closer to your return home, but also brings me closer to your departure again.

      I am from time immemorial in the company of hundreds of thousands of souls. I am their guardian and yet I feel so lonely without you. I made so many mistakes; perhaps it is those which led me here. However my love for you is like a star, I see you for a few moments but your beauty is so intense it illuminates my entire kingdom. Not long separates us now my love, I'm waiting for you, come, I'm waiting for you.


Your loving husband, Hades.

No comments:

Post a Comment